Posted On August 14, 2006
1. Grab the nearest book.
2. Open the book to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the text of the next 3 sentences on your blog along with these instructions.
5.Don’t you dare dig for that “cool” or “intellectual” book in your closet! I know you were thinking about it! Just pick up whatever is closest.
“The scene was the same but slowed-down sound was useless; Duke switched it off. The box floated from Jill’s hands toward Jubal’s head, then ceased to be. But under slow-motion it could be seen shrinking, smaller and smaller until it was no longer there.” (Stranger in a Strange Land)
Latest posts by Gracie (see all)
- On Art, AI, and Cultural Poverty - January 7, 2023
- Tiny barriers - December 30, 2022
- Wednesday Food Post- On Eating Wild(er) Greens - October 19, 2022
I cheated. The nearest book was the Guinness Book of Records, but since I’ve never read anything from it, wouldn’t it have been cheating to use it, too? ANyway, just want to reassure you that despite not being overwhelmingly cheerful on IM, life’s not that bad. I’ve just been a bit ho-hum lately. love.